Sherborne Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
What can I take to the Sherborne Household Recycling Centre (Tip)
- Car Batteries
- Christmas Trees (fake)
- Christmas Trees (real)
- Cooking Oil
- Electrical Equipment
- Engine Oil (limited to 5 litres per visit)
- Fire Extinguishers (charges apply)
- Food waste
- Fridges and Freezers
- Garden Waste
- Gas Bottles (charges apply)
- Glass (charges may apply for sheets/panels)
- Hardcore (charges apply)
- Large domestic appliances
- Lightbulbs - all types e.g. LED, fluorescent
- Mobile Phones
- Pillows and duvets
- Plasterboard (charges apply)
- Plastic Bottles
- Printer and toner cartridges
- Rubble (charges apply)
- Scrap Metal
- Small electrical items
- Soil (charges apply)
- Tyres (charges apply)
- Household and Garden Chemicals Labelled (maximum 5 litres of each chemical)
- Paper containers with metal ends
No thank you
- Asbestos (charges apply)
Charges for certain items
There are charges for bringing certain materials to Dorset Council recycling centres.
Asbestos cannot be taken to this recycling centre. Three Dorset recycling centres are licensed to accept cement-bonded asbestos: Blandford, Wareham and Weymouth.
Maximum one-off deposit of up to three cement-bonded sheets of 1.8m x 1.2m (approx. 6ft x 4ft).
Asbestos must be pre-booked before being delivered onto site.
Please contact W&S Recycling on 01202 979011 or speak with site staff to ascertain prices for disposal.
Van and trailer restrictions at recycling centres
Please note that van and trailer restrictions apply at our recycling centres. Vans must have a valid permit or a hire agreement of a maximum of 3 days.
Vehicles that don't require a permit can use a trailer, but the maximum trailer size is 1.2 metres wide and 1.8 metres long (approx. 4ft x 6ft).
Vehicles that require a permit and are towing a trailer are not allowed to access our recycling centres.