If you are not already claiming benefits, you will need to claim Universal Credit, unless:

  • you (and your partner) are Pensionable Age
  • you are living in temporary accommodation or a property where you receive care and support from your landlord, you would need to claim Housing Benefit for help with your rent and Universal Credit for help with living expenses
  • in certain circumstances if you have received Housing Benefit in the last month (contact us to confirm)

If you are not sure, you should check if you are eligible on the Universal Credit Info site.

Share this page