Guidance on specific areas of construction from roofing to electrical advice and thatched roof coverings to insulation materials.

Websites that offer Building Control advice
Type of guidance offered Websites that offer guidance
Acoustics The Association of Noise Consultants

Concrete and concrete blocks

The Concrete Society
The Concrete Block Association

Construction Design and Management (CDM regulations)

Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015)

Drainage The National Association of Drainage Contractors

Electrical Competent person register

Electrical safety first - guidance

The Electrical Contractors' Association

The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting

Energy performance certificates The Energy Performance Certificate Register
Glazing The Glass and Glazing Federation
Gas safety The Gas Safe Register
Health and safety The Health and Safety Executive
Insulation The National Insulation Association
Lead work The Lead Sheet Association
Material certification BBA Certs
New homes warranty The Local Authority Building Control Warranty
Oil appliances OFTEC - Oil Firing Technical Association
Radon British Geological Survey
Roofing The National Federation of Roofing Contractors

Septic tanks and small sewage treatment plants

The Environment Agency- sewage rules
Solid fuel appliances Heating Equipment Testing and Approval Scheme
Thatched roof coverings The National Society of Master Thatchers
Training, advice and support Construction Industry Training Board
Ventilation The Federation of Environmental Trade Associations
Wood Timber Research and Development Association
The British Woodworking Federation

Initial notices - Building Control

For private Building Control providers looking to deposit an initial notice for proposed works.

If you are a private Building Control provider looking to deposit an initial notice for proposed works please contact us.

Where work has already commenced an initial notice cannot be used as agreed by the Building Control Alliance initial notice protocol.

Please contact us to discuss this.

Please note

You can only notify us via the email addresses provided.

Share this page