If you're attending a college of further education, we will provide travel assistance based on your circumstances.

If one of the following apply you will get travel assistance. You must:

  • be on a full time further education course
  • be aged between 16 and 25
  • have a particular medical or learning difficulty
  • have an education, health and care (EHC) plan

Extra criteria may apply.

Find out about school transport support for children over 16 with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

See our mainstream and post 16 transport policies.

College funded travel

Colleges have their own school travel arrangements to help students get to and from college. They may also be able to help with travel costs. Such as public transport supplemented by contract vehicles. Contact your college to find out more. 

Grants and funding

Students aged 16 to 19 who have to move away from home to study due to their circumstances could get the Residential Support Scheme.

If you're attending a college of further education, you may be able to get support towards transport cost. This is provided by the Discretionary Support fund. Your college will administer the funding.

To find out if you qualify for either funding, speak to your college.

Share this page