The introduction of the Controlled Waste Regulations 2012 means that waste from town or parish council offices is now classed as commercial waste.

This means that a waste contract needs to be set up either with Dorset Waste Services (formerly known as the Dorset Waste Partnership) or another service provider to ensure waste is collected and disposed of correctly as, by law, you are not allowed to use the kerbside Recycle for Dorset collection service for households.

Waste from parish and town council offices

By law, parish and town council offices are not permitted to use the household collection service.

If you are unsure of your legal obligation, please contact us to ensure you have the appropriate arrangements in place.

Waste from village halls

Halls used wholly or mainly for public meetings may be eligible for a household waste collections service at a reduced rate.

To discuss your eligibility or for more information, please contact us.

Commercial waste enquiries

Name: Dorset Waste Services
Tel: 01305 228640
Full contact details

Share this page