Draft Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy
We are asking for feedback on our new draft strategy to tackle the pressures of homelessness and rough sleeping.
The new strategy has been developed following a review of homelessness in Dorset taking insight from local agencies, organisations and individuals with direct experience of the issue. It aims to provide a single plan for agencies working together to tackle and prevent homelessness in the area.
By focusing our efforts we hope to:
- provide better support for vulnerable families and communities where homelessness exists
- improve the help for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness
- act on the causes of homelessness
- work in collaboration throughout our council services especially Housing, Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Public Health so that we can demonstrate need and fund the right activities
- benefit from the essential contribution by local and national public bodies, housing associations, voluntary organisations and community groups
The Homelessness & Rough Sleeping Review carried out by Neil Morland & Co Housing Consultants examined what is currently available to people who are homeless or may become homeless in Dorset.
This survey closed on Apr 30, 2021. Thank you for your views. Once results are available they will be published here.