Leisure Development Fund Round 2
Please note the application process for this fund is now closed.
About the fund
We award small grants to voluntary, not-for profit community organisations and Town and Parish Councils. This is to support the development of:
- the arts
- museums and heritage
- outdoor play
- village halls
for the direct benefit of people living or working in Dorset.
You need to submit an application form. A grants panel evaluates your application and makes the decision about funding.
Organisations can apply for up to 20% of the total project costs. Most of the grants we award are between £1,000 - £5,000. Organisations have up to 2 years to deliver projects (projects affected by Covid can appeal for an extension to this).
We have limited funds so not all applications are successful. Please ensure you answer all the questions and attach all requested documents. Please also ensure your income and expenditure balance in the appropriate boxes.
Your Local Ward Councillors will receive a summary of your request for comment. You may like to consult them about your project when putting your application together.
Leisure Development funds will not normally be granted for the following:
- individuals or personal equipment
- purchase of land for future development unless it follows immediately
- projects/events that are part of the curricular activity in schools
- ongoing running costs (revenue)
- loan repayments or road vehicles
- activities that have already taken place
- projects with a total cost of less than £1,000
- Leisure Development Fund Round 2 opens 14 September 2020
- Closing date for Round 2 is 31 December 2020
- Grant Panel meet end of January 2021
- Decision letters will be sent to all applicants in February 2021