Community Hero Awards
Important please read:
It is with regret that we announce that the ‘Community Hero Awards’ will not take place at Kingston Maurward College in Dorchester on 3 May as planned.
We have to take appropriate precautions in light of the corona virus outbreak that could hamper your safety.
We are however happy to receive further nominations at this stage as the event will be rescheduled in the future.
Dorset Council will be holding the first Community Hero Awards. The award ceremony will be held at Kingston Maurward and will celebrate those people who make a real difference to their community, for example:
- doing more than their job entails
- voluntary work
- selfless acts (e.g. being an exceptional neighbour)
Cllr Pauline Batstone, Dorset Council Chairman said:
This will be the first Community Hero Award ceremony since becoming one unitary council. I am delighted to hold the event and honour those members of our community whose work may otherwise, have gone unrecognised.
It is important that we celebrate those who undertake selfless acts for the good of the community. If you know of someone who helps to fundraise for local causes, volunteers or is simply a friend to someone who is in need, then we would like to hear from you.
Terms and conditions
- nominees must be a resident of the Dorset Council area
- nominee details are requested (in confidence) and will only be used to make contact if the nomination is successful
- background information about the nominee is needed in order to understand why the person is worthy of being recognised by the community
- the closing date for nominations is 30 March 2020
- successful nominees and their proposers will be advised on 3 April 2020
- Community Heroes will be invited to bring along one guest to the awards presentation
How to nominate
Make a nomination
You can use our short online form to make your nomination.
Paper copies can be collected at:
Completed forms should be returned to the Chairmans PA.
Nominations will close on 30 March 2020.
A panel of councillors will meet in March to judge the nominations received. Successful nominees and their proposers will be advised by 3 April 2020.
For further information, please contact the Chairman’s PA.