The Omicron Support Scheme supports businesses that have not been able to claim the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant but have been significantly impacted by the Omicron variant. 'Significantly impacted' in this instance is defined by a loss of income of 50% or more since Omicron restrictions were announced on 8 December 2021 in comparison to a similar trading period.
Additional Restrictions Grant - Omicron Support Scheme
The Omicron Support Scheme is now closed for applications. We are unable to accept any late applications for this phase.
Awards and eligibility
This grant is not designed to completely cover losses, but to cover some fixed costs incurred over this period.
We have been allocated £749,951.68 from government for this scheme. No overspend will be permitted on this amount. We accepted applications during a 17-day window. After the deadline of midnight 11 February, all approved applicants will be allocated a grant dependent on the size of their business. Grant awards will be decided based on the criteria below.
- category 1 - Businesses with 1 employee
- category 2 - Businesses with 2-5 employees
- category 3 - Businesses with 6-10 employees
- category 4 - Businesses with 11-19 employees
- category 5 - Businesses with 20+ employees
The final amounts of the grants will be determined once all applications are received. Our initial estimate is that grants will range from £500 to £3,000.
Applicants will need to provide a detailed breakdown of how the Omicron variant has impacted their business.
Businesses with more than one employee will need to upload an HMRC/PAYE statement as evidence.
Businesses will only be eligible for a maximum of one grant. Where multiple businesses share directors and premises, only one grant application will be considered.
Read the Omicron Support Scheme policy for more details.
Businesses will not be able to claim the grant if they:
- are eligible to claim the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure grant
- are based outside of the Dorset Council area
- have already exceeded the permitted subsidy control threshold
- are in administration, are insolvent or a striking off notice has been made
- were not trading as of 1 December 2021
Self-catering holiday accommodation is not eligible for this scheme.
Additional Restrictions GrantEmail: email@example.com
Full contact details