You can request free personal protective equipment (PPE) from the Government if you provide care like washing or cooking. 

Ask for free PPE like masks if you provide care

You can request PPE if you are:

  • an unpaid carer, whether or not you live with the person you care for
  • a personal assistant or a personal assistant's employer
  • working in adult social care (day services, in the home, care homes), including contracted social care services
  • working in rough sleeping services or domestic violence refuges

From April 2022, you need to fill in a form on a Government website, choosing the service you work in. Watch a video to see how. You can no longer order from Dorset Council.

It can take up to 7 days for your account to go live. 

The Government asks that PPE is not ordered more often than once a month. Free PPE will be provided while this is recommended to prevent Covid-19 infections, or until March 2023.

Request protective equipment like masks and gloves

Register on the Government website

Share this page