Health walks are a great way to get some exercise and meet new people. Find local organised health walks that take place weekly in Purbeck to best suit you.
- meeting place: Streche Road Car Park
- meeting day: Tuesday, 10:15am for a 10:30am start
- duration: 1 hour
- please note that walks on the first Tuesday of each month (except January and September) start from other locations near Wareham. The start time of these walks is the same (10:30 am) and shared travelling by car is encouraged.
- can split into 2 groups with less able walkers on the flat
- contact: Gill Graham (01929 552933) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Wareham Walkers
(Not part of Walking for Health Initiative)
- meeting place: Durberville Car Park
- meeting day: Tuesdays 7pm
- summer evenings, usually May to early September
- routes vary according to season, weather, ability and hours of daylight. 45mins - 2hours (may drive to walk during longer evenings in mid summer).
We run 2 walks each Tuesday, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
The morning walks are ideal as an introduction to our scheme, and are perfect for the less able and those recovering from illness or injury. We often split into 2 groups to suit the varying abilities of those attending, but there is always a walk of about 15-30 minutes on the flat along the seafront.
The afternoon walks cater for a range of abilities and often split, to allow optimum walking speeds and distances for individuals. The duration is usually 60 to 90 minutes.
Morning walks start at 10.30am every Tuesday, outside the Mowlem Theatre on Swanage seafront.
Afternoon walks start at 2pm every Tuesday, and we meet at a different venue each month. The venues are selected for their interest and/or beauty. We aim to ensure that there is adequate parking at the starting points and we encourage car-sharing. Most of the walks are accessible by public transport.
For more information, please see our programme of walks, or contact: