Admission policy and pool guidelines at QE Leisure Centre
Swimmers are asked to adhere to our safety policy.
Industry recognised swimming guidelines and recommendations are in place for your own personal enjoyment, safety and that of your fellow swimmers.
So that everyone can enjoy our swimming pool, please ensure you follow these guidelines:
- under 5's swim free during public sessions when accompanied by an adult
- children under 8 years must be accompanied in the water by an adult (16 years +)
- 1 adult to 2 children (recommended that non swimmers are wearing armbands)
- children entering a changing room of the opposite sex must be under 8 years of age and be accompanied by a parent or adult aged 16 or over
All babies, infants, young children and people who are not toilet trained should wear swim nappies underneath their swim suit or a special purpose in-built nappy swimming costume.
Wet n Wild Session Policy 8-15 years
New Rules in starting 4 May 2019
- Sessions are restricted to 8-15 year olds only
- No adults are permitted
- All participants must be able to swim 25 meters competently
- All participants will be tested for their swimming ability
- Each session will be limited to 36 participants
NEW Wet n Wild Under 8's Session Policy
New session starting Sunday 5 May 2019
We are introducing a session specifically for Under 8 year olds (minimum age of 3 years). This will be a quieter session for children normally unable to have a go on the inflatable to do so in a safe way accompanied by an adult. There will be floats, toys and balls in the water. This session will be limited to 20 persons.
(Both swimming and non-swimming children permitted, only one adult per child, swim aids permitted).
Under 8's Wet 'n' Wild Policy
All under 8's must be accompanied by an adult, must be able to swim 25 meters without aids, adult supervising must only swim at the deep end of the pool-they cannot remain at the sides of the pool close to the inflatable.
Only swimwear manufactured for use in swimming pools will be acceptable. Here is a list of acceptable swimwear:
- swim trunks
- swim costumes
- speedo type shorts above knee level only
- all in one fitted swimsuits manufactured for the purpose of swimming
- baby suits up to 1 year old
- swimming hats
An exception may be taken into account to this policy concerning the wearing of shirts during public sessions however this decision will need to be made by the Duty Officer, Deputy Manager or General Manager.
Wetsuits, flippers, large inflatables, balls, paddles, face masks and snorkels are not permitted, unless in a structured session.
Sickness and Diarrhoea Policy
Please do not use the swimming pool until 2 weeks after the symptoms stop.
Swim nappies as well as a range of goggles, and armbands are available to purchase from reception.
A band system will operate in the swimming pool area at busy times.
Please inform the lifeguard on duty of any medical conditions you have.
The programme may change at any time without notice, subject to the managements discretion.
The purpose of these policies is to help safeguard all swimmers. It is not intended to stop anyone enjoying swimming, nor is it intended to cause difficulties for parents.