Gyms at QE Leisure Centre
New Gym Rules due to COVID-19
Working out is going to look a bit different for a while and we’ve had to make some changes to your leisure centre. We invite you to read the following centre rules to better understand these changes before you visit us. In response to Government guidance, we will be introducing a new yellow / red card system to ensure social distancing is being adhered too for the safety of all. You will be warned if you are not following these new rules and if you continue to deter from them, you will be asked to leave with your membership potentially being frozen.
As government guidance changes, we’ll make sure these are updated to keep you informed.
Use of the gym and workout classes will be via pre-booked slots only.
Make a booking
Gym slots will initially be available to book 6 days in advance for a maximum of two 45 minute slots per member per day. This period includes access time and a turnaround period at the end of the session. Session times for studio classes will be as per the booking to a maximum of 45 minutes to allow for changeover and cleaning. Failure to cancel your session will incur a did not attend record. Any member not showing for 3 sessions in a single month period will have their booking rights withdrawn.
- please do not attend the centre if you or a family member are unwell
- you must pre-book your session to gain entry
- if you intend to train for less than 45 minutes we request you attend 5 or 10 minutes after the hour entry time to help reduce potential queue times
- please do not congregate pre/post workout or turn up early for your session
- please sanitise and wash your hands pre and post workout
- please do not bring a ‘sweat’ towel, but do bring a pre-filled water bottle with you and fitness mat or dumbells if you are attending a class
During your workout
All members must clean equipment with the sanitising wipes/spray before and after each use. However due to the high contact nature of the free weights areas/rigs we ask all members to sanitise/wash hands both before and after entering these areas instead.
- no “spotting” in the weight room is permitted
- all users must maintain social distance rules at all times and follow all instructional signage and requests from the Fitness Team
- please do not wipe down the equipment with anything other than the sanitising wipes/spray provided
- please leave the gym/class promptly at the end of your session
- no access to changing facilities and showers is permitted at this time
- wash/sanitise your hands immediately after your workout
- we ask that you please wash your workout kit after each visit
Personal Training, Fitness Programmes and New memberships
In line with national governing body guidance; PT, Fitness Programmes and Fitness will be resumed once it is deemed safe to do so.
We understand that at this time you may wish to bring your own mat to attend workout classes. If you would like to purchase one, these are available to purchase from reception (subject to availability).
Please note by booking your session you are agreeing to comply with the Member Code of Conduct for the safety of all our customers and staff. Right of admission may be withdrawn if a member knowingly disregards this guidance, our Member Code of Conduct, or puts others at risk.
The QE Gyms
We have a fully equipped, air-conditioned cardiovascular suite designed to offer you a complete body workout. The Cardio Suite has the latest Technogym and Pulse, fully computerised, cardiovascular equipment with a versatile range of treadmills, cross trainers, rowers and bikes to ensure you gain the maximum benefit from your workout.
We also have a fully equipped, air-conditioned Strength Gym designed to offer you a complete body workout. The Strength Gym has an extensive range of "Technogyms" resistance equipment and free weights.
There is a variety of stationary machines and also a designated RIG and Multifunctional area to support your functional needs.
Our free weights area includes a Squat Rack, Bench Press, Smith Machine and dumbbells that range up to a staggering 50kg.
This gym has a mixture of cardiovascular and weight resistant equipment and is only available from 5.30pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday. We also hire this facility out for fitness classes so please check availability at reception before entering.
Vibration training can do something for everybody. It works the body in four totally separate ways to give health benefits that would normally only arise from working for hours in the gym.
This fantastic machine fast tracks your workout by using vertical vibrations. A 20 minute workout on the Vibrogym equals a 90 minute workout at a regular gym, promising increased muscle tone, weight loss and reduced cellulite.
The other fantastic feature of the Vibrogym is before and after the workout you receive an incredible massage to loosen your muscles and break up cellulite.
For more information see our memberships page.