Coronavirus safety measures at QE Leisure Centre
QE Leisure Centre will reopen from Monday 12 April for gym sessions, lane swimming and outdoor fitness classes. Sessions can be booked online.
Outdoor sports including tennis and football pitches are now open with Government guidelines.
We are working hard behind the scenes to get QE ready to welcome you again as the centre for fitness in Wimborne! Our goal is to still keep you safe whilst enjoying using our facilities and therefore the measures below are in place to help us achieve this for all our members.
The safety and well-being of our members and staff remains our priority during this period. We encourage you to stay healthy and active during this time and urge all users to observe good hygiene and be socially responsible.
Gym and lane swimming sessions will be available to be booked from the 5 April with the centre then opening to the public a week later for these sessions. All sessions will need to still be booked in advance.
We will be updating members with our plans for exercise classes in due course.
If your questions is not answered below, please get in contact with our customer service team.
Roadmap to re-opening
Step 1 (29 March)
- outdoor block bookers to return
- tennis facilities open
Step 2 (12 April)
- gyms to reopen
- public lane swimming
- a small variety of outdoor fitness classes
- indoor racquet sports (excluding squash)
- Edge climbing wall
Step 3 (19 April)
- Swim Academy to restart
- kids activities to return
Step 4 (17 May)
- group exercise timetable to begin
- indoor team sports to return
It is now mandatory that face masks are worn whilst at the centre and only removed once arriving at your chosen activity.
Activities where masks can be removed include:
- being in the gym
- in a fitness class
- on poolside
- in an event bubble (events only)
- a booking in the sports hall (ie. Badminton)
- the use of changing rooms
Access to the leisure centre
We now have a booking system in place so we can control the number of people in the centre at any one time. All visits must be pre-booked. Cash payments at the centre will not be taken. Please abide to the following rules:
- entry, movement around the buildings and exiting is clearly signposted. There are directional signs carefully placed from outside the centre and inside that will guide you throughout, please follow the signs
- social distancing must always be maintained, there are signs to assist you to maintain a safe distance
- please do not turn up early for your session
- queuing is strongly discouraged
- you must register at reception or with your instructor prior to entering the centre
Social distancing and safety measures
- we have re-designed the gym to allow for social distancing. Equipment will be split into Kit A & Kit B with only 1 set on per session
- we have reduced group exercise class sizes and we are using additional spaces where we can to accommodate classes
- first aid, if required, will be administered by trained staff using appropriate PPE
Our online booking system
- all members have been contacted with information about how to book, find out more about making a booking
- if you are an existing member, you need to follow the instructions to link your membership number. You will need your email address and password pin. Both can be accessed by contacting us or clicking forgotten details
- if you are a non-member, bookings will need to be taken on the phone before you attend site
- we have enhanced cleaning regimes that follow fitness industry and Public Health England guidelines
- our dedicated staff will be cleaning throughout the day working to a comprehensive cleaning protocol
- all high frequency touch points will be cleaned and disinfected regularly
- we are going above and beyond guidelines where possible to keep you safe and we will continually monitor and update our procedures if the situation changes
- alcoholic cleaning spray and blue roll are available for you to use
- hand sanitiser stations have been located throughout the centre for members and staff to use
Rules to follow during your visit
- you must use the hand sanitiser station when entering the centre
- you must observe social distancing at all times
- you must stay at home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild. This includes: loss of smell/taste, sore throat, fever, shortness of breath or a continuous new cough
- all forms of exercise are permitted, sweating is not considered a health risk under the guidelines
- a new centre rule system will be in place to monitor social distancing rules. If you are found to break any of these, you will receive a warning and if continue to do so, will be asked to leave the premises with the opportunity of your membership being frozen
- there are also new rules specifically for the gym and swimming
The direct debit that has been charged for January will now roll on and be used for the month of April. Therefore no direct debit will leave your account for this month, with Direct Debits due to commence again for May.
Customers that pay upfront/annually
We will extend your membership access to the centre by adding extra time to your unexpired membership duration. This will be at no cost and will reflect the time that we have been closed.
Cancelled direct debits
We need a new Direct Debit Instruction from you. Please contact us and the team there will be happy to help.
Members classed as high risk or not wishing to return yet
We understand that it’s not possible for everyone to return and we’re happy to continue to freeze your membership if you are considered high risk, or do not feel ready to visit. Please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Other lessons, courses and activities
We are closely following the government guidelines for when we can re-open different activities and services. We also post regular updates on our Facebook page. Anyone who has a course of lessons or children’s activities booked with us, we will contact you with any updates once we have them.
Outdoor facilities block bookings
We are planning to be able to offer our outdoor facilities to block bookers who can provide a risk assessment and a NGB affiliation. Our team will be in touch with previous bookers to discuss your return.
If you had a party booking cancelled during lockdown please contact us with the booking details, and your contact details to request a refund.
We’re not taking party bookings at the moment as we aren’t able to maintain social distancing. However, if you would like to e-mail your interest in a future party booking please let us know the date, the centre and approximate number of children and we will get back to you when rules allow.