Reopening road map for Purbeck Sports Centre
8 March 2021
Zoom classes made available to Diamond card and Non-member customers, Purbeck School reopens, Purbeck Sports Centre staff on site to man telephones weekdays 10am to 3pm.
29 March to 1 April 2021
Outdoor Sports Open, Tennis courts will be available to book from 5pm to 9pm. At this stage our Exercise Classes, Pilates and Yoga courses will continue to take place via Zoom.
1 April 2021
Following the sand refill completion at the end of March, the Astro Pitch will open to the public.
2 April 2021 - Good Friday
Both Tennis and Astro Pitches will be open 10am to 4pm
3 April 2021
Tennis will be available 12pm to 4pm and Astro Pitches open 9am to 4pm
4 and 5 April 2021 - Easter Sunday & Monday
Tennis and Astro Pitches open 10am to 4pm
6 April to 11 April 2021 - Easter Holidays
Tennis and Astro Pitches open 10am to 10pm. In addition, we will be running outdoor Easter holiday activities details of which can be found on our website.
12 April to 18 April 2021 - Half Term
Our gym will re-open with pre-booked time slots. Our pool will re-open with pre-booked timeslots and our swimming timetable can be found on our website. Our Easter holiday activities will continue and include some indoor activities. Swim School will also recommence this week.
19 April 2021
Summer Term - Children’s indoor term time activities will recommence.
17 May 2021
Adult Badminton courts re-open following social distancing guidelines. Adult activities and courses will recommence. All exercise classes, Pilates and Yoga courses will now take place in the Sports Centre
21 June 2021
All social distancing restrictions are lifted and we reopen all facilities as normal
Our children’s softplay area and sauna remain closed. We are awaiting further advice from Government on when we can open these facilities to the public again. Please check back regularly for updates.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any children's school holiday activities.
The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority.
How we are keeping you safe
- enhanced cleaning regime – all areas of the centre will undergo additional cleaning and disinfecting regularly.
- hand sanitiser stations - have been introduced around the centre for our customers use
- social distancing – please follow the clear social distancing arrows around the centre
- a one way system – directional arrows will guide you through the centre to support social distancing
- sneeze guards – plastic shields have been introduced at till points
- pay by contactless card where possible – ideally please pay before attending the centre over the phone
- limited numbers – we may need to limit the number of customers in the centre at any one time, if this is the case we will ask you to queue outside the centre, socially distanced
What we need you to do
- please call us book and pay for your swim, exercise class, gym session or racket sport session before you attend– we cannot accept walk-ins
- attend the centre wearing your workout clothing – gym changing rooms will not be provided at this time
- swimming changing rooms will be made available but time will be limited and you must remember to book. We will have multiple changing rooms available but numbers will be limited for social distancing
- bring your own water bottle
- do not bring your own towel to workout, use the blue roll provided
- do your bit and clean your kit – before and after your workout
To make a booking, please contact us. Card payment for your booking will be made over the phone. Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance. Please be aware that bookings are non refundable.
Gold card members can still book online.Bookings made online and subsequently cancelled will still be charged.