Level 1 Bikeability cycle training
Children who successfully complete level 1 training will receive a Bikeability badge and certificate.
Level 1 training is aimed at children in school year four.
The cost of level 1 cycle training is set by the leisure centre or instructor that delivers the training.
The training takes place off-road, usually in a play ground or closed car park.
What you'll achieve in the training:
- demonstrate understanding of safety equipment and clothing
- carry out a simple bike check
- get on and off the bike without help
- start off and pedal without help
- stop without help
- ride along without help for roughly one minute or more
- make the bike go where you want
- use gears (where present)
- stop quickly with control
- manoeuvre safely to avoid objects
- look all around, including behind, without loss of control
- control the bike with one hand
- share space with pedestrians and other cyclists
Bikeability courses in your area
Complete our form and we will contact you about training in your area