The adopted local plan for Purbeck sets out the vision and policies for the period 2006 - 2027. The council adopted it on 13 November 2012 and it is used to guide new development and determine planning applications.
The council monitors the effectiveness of the plan's policies on an annual basis.
The mapped policy designations are set out on the proposals maps.
Please note that these maps represent a snapshot in time. They were accurate at the time they were published (November 2012 or June 2017 for inset map 20), but certain designations, including flood zones, the heathland buffer zone, and conservation areas may be subject to change. Therefore, please check with the Development Management Technical Support Team if you are in doubt.
Since the adoption of the Local Plan Part 1, Natural England have changed their approach to the 400m heathland buffer zone in parts of Upton. View the map showing areas within the 400m consultation area in Upton where Natural England will not necessarily object to applications for residential dwellings.
The council has revised some of the conservation area boundaries since the local plan was adopted in November 2012. View the latest conservation area boundaries.
Key to maps
District wide proposals map
- Inset Map 1 Bere Regis
- Inset Map 2 Bovington
- Inset Map 3 Briantspuddle
- Inset Map 4 Church Knowle
- Inset Map 5 Corfe Castle
- Inset Map 6 Dorset Green Technology Park
- Inset Map 7 Chaldon Herring
- Inset Map 8 East Lulworth
- Inset Map 9 Harmans Cross
- Inset Map 10 Holton Heath
- Inset Map 11 Kimmeridge
- Inset Map 12 Kingston
- Inset Map 13 Langton Matravers
- Inset Map 14 Lytchett Matravers
- Inset Map 15 Lytchett Minster
- Inset Map 16 Moreton Station
- Inset Map 17 Sandford
- Inset Map 18 Stoborough and Ridge
- Inset Map 19 Studland
- Inset map 20 Swanage
- Inset Map 21 Upton
- Inset Map 22 Wareham and N. Wareham
- Inset Map 23 West Lulworth
- Inset Map 24 Winfrith Newburgh
- Inset Map 25 Wool
- Inset Map 26 Worth Matravers