Pay or challenge a parking fine issued by East Dorset District Council
For tickets issued prior to 1 April 2019 by East Dorset District Council. Your ticket will start with DA.
fine paid within 14 days following the date of notice issue: £35 or £25 (depending on severity)
fine paid after 14 days following the date of notice issue: £70 or £50 (depending on severity)
surcharge rate for unpaid fines received after 28 days following the date of notice issue: £105
- court fees will be added to the surcharge rate, bailiffs may be used
Pay a parking fine
You will need your penalty charge notice number, starting with DA.
By automated telephone
Call: 01202 495252
To: PO Box 9148, Christchurch, BH23 9JQ
Challenge a parking fine
Your challenge must be received by us within 14 days of the parking fine being issued.
The information we need with your formal challenge
You must supply us with:
- the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) DA
- the date when the parking fine was issued
- the vehicle registration number
- an explanation of the circumstances
- your home address and telephone number
In addition, when relevant, you must:
- supply supporting documentation, such as a copy of a pay and display ticket or blue badge
- provide written evidence from an independent third party eg the garage that repaired your car
- quote the serial number of a valid permit for the parking area
Please note: your charge will not increase whilst we are dealing with your appeal.