Open market review of broadband infrastructure
The Open Market Review (OMR) is now closed. Thank you to all who submitted responses.
We are launching an Open Market Review (OMR) to identify potential areas for government intervention. We are running this OMR Request for Information (RFI) to confirm where existing broadband infrastructure currently exists or is planned to be built in the next 3 years across the county of Dorset.
Our goal is to ensure we target the parts of the county that need government support first. By working with us, you will help to maximise the use of public subsidy to help provide ever faster, better connectivity across all parts of Dorset. You will help us to identify areas which will be left out because they are not commercially viable, thereby bringing significant benefits to the Dorset economy.
This is important, so that we can ensure we target the right areas and avoid over-building commercial infrastructure. Therefore, if you have existing coverage, or plan to build infrastructure within the next 3 years, we encourage you to respond to this OMR.
Take part in the Open Market ReviewFollow these steps to take part in the open market review:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the detailed request for information document which includes a copy of the Ordnance Survey Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) Contractors Licence
- Complete and return the PSGA to us by email
- Once you've done this, we will email you the RFI response template, guidance and the data set from Dorset
- The OMR launches on 17 March 2021 and you can email us to seek clarification between 17 March and 14 April 2021
- You must submit your complete response to us by email by 5pm on Wednesday 14 April 2021
- We will review responses alongside BDUK (Broadband Delivery UK)
Archive of closed State Aid consultation documentsList of closed State Aid consulation documents:
- Nov 2012 - Dec 2012 Public consultation - now closed
- Jan 2013 NGA State Aid map
- Dec 2014 - Jan 2015 Public consultation - now closed
- Jan 2015 NGA State Aid map
- March 2016 Gainshare public consultation
- March 2016 Postcodes in scope for gainshare
- April 2016 Open Market Review for Dorset Poole and Bournemouth
- April 2016 Postcode licence agreement
- Final Superfast Dorset 2016 Public Consultation - now closed
- 2016 State Aid final update
- 2016 Public Consultation