Information for Dorset Council employees
This information is for employees of Dorset Council only and will be updated daily. It is a fast-moving situation, so keep checking for updates.
Our role is to keep public services running and continue to support vulnerable people in our community.
The latest national guidance is:
- only go outside for food, health reasons or work (only if you can’t work from home)
- stay two metres (6ft) away from other people
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
However, there are still some frontline services that we must continue to deliver, for instance adults’ and children’s social care, waste collection, schools.
What this means for you as an employee of Dorset Council is:
- if, as part of your role, it is essential for you to attend a workplace and/or work in the community, then continue to do so. If you have any uncertainty about this, speak to your manager
- all other employees must work from home
- if you are pregnant or have a significant underlying health condition, it is important you talk through your working arrangements with your manager as soon as possible