Local outbreak control plans will be overseen by our Health and Wellbeing Board. The board has representatives from all local public sector agencies and the voluntary and community sector.
The Health and Wellbeing Board is chaired by Dorset Council Cllr Rebecca Knox. The responsibilities of the board include;
- political oversight of the local delivery of plan and response
- communicating and engaging with residents and communities
We will also have a Dorset COVID-19 Health Protection Board chaired by the Director of Public Health Sam Crowe.
Membership of the board will include:
- Public Health England
- NHS England
- local NHS partners
- the police
- local authorities (environmental health officers/housing)
- the fire and rescue service
- public protection
- social care
- school and colleges
- higher education economy, enterprise and skills
- business and tourism
- military liaison
We will also be supported by the Dorset Local Resilience Forum providing a multiagency response and co-ordinating any work needed should a large-scale outbreak occur.