Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum is for businesses that were required to close under the national coronavirus restrictions between 5 November 2020 and 2 December 2020.
Businesses that were told to close include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses. View a full list of business categories required to close on GOV.UK.
The grant is for businesses that pay business rates on their premise.
To qualify, your business must be in the Dorset Council area and must have been:
- open as usual before the November lockdown restrictions, and
- providing services in person to customers from the premises, and
- required to close due to restrictions imposed by government, and
- paying business rates for the premises before restrictions started
If your business premises closed but you were operating a click and collect service, you can still apply. This could be a pub or restaurant operating a takeaway service, or a shop offering home delivery as an alternative to your usual business.
Businesses with more than one qualifying property will receive more than one grant.
You can complete the application for your business if you were the ratepayer on the first full day of local or national restrictions (5 November 2020). The funding will be paid to you as the ratepayer.
You will need to provide your:
- business address
- business rates account reference and rateable value
- business bank account details
Eligible businesses will be paid a single fixed amount to cover a 4 week period.
If your business has a rateable value of:
- exactly £15,000 or under on November 5, you will receive a payment of £1,334 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on November 5, you will receive a payment of £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- exactly £51,000 or above on November 5, you will receive £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period
Any grant income your business receives is taxable. You must include the Local Restrictions Support Grant as income on your tax return. You'll only pay tax if your business makes an overall profit once grant income is included.
Fraud or payment in error
We will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any business caught falsifying their records to gain grant money will face prosecution and funding issued will be recovered. Funding may also be recovered for any grants paid in error.
We undertake pre and post payment checks to combat the risks of fraud and payment error.
You are not eligible for this grant if your business:
- was able to continue to trade because it does not depend on providing direct in-person services from premises and could operate services remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors)
- had chosen to close but not been required to by government
- has already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Framework
- was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
Additional Restrictions Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) is available for businesses that are required to close under the imposed coronavirus restrictions but do not qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum.
If you have any queries about this grant, please get in touch: