Coronavirus business support grant funding
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the government has announced support for small businesses and businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. Two new grant funding schemes have been announced:
- Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF)
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF)
Local authorities have been asked to administer this financial assistance when they are able to do so.
Small Business Grant Fund
The government has provided Small Business Grant funding for local authorities to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of Small Business Rate Relief (SBBR), Rural Rate Relief (RRR) and tapered relief.
This will provide a one off grant of £10,000 to eligible businesses to help meet their ongoing business costs.
You are eligible if:
- your business is based in England
- you are a small business and already receive SBBR and/or RRR
- you are a business that occupies property
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
This fund provides businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a cash grant per property:
- businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000
- businesses in these sectors with a rateable value of between £15,001 and £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000
Submit my business information
Check that you are eligible for a grant before you start.
We need you to complete a business information gathering form to help us check that the right grants are paid to the right businesses and to validate the information we need to process your grant efficiently.