Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector)
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Sector) is to support businesses that have been required to close since 23 March 2020.
Businesses eligible for this funding are:
- nightclubs, dance halls, and discotheques
- adult entertainment venues and hostess bars
In order to qualify your business must be shown in the categories above and must:
- have been in occupation and trading as usual on 22 March 2020
- have been mandated to close on 23 March 2020
- have remained closed continually
- not have re-purposed the business, for example changing from a nightclub to a bar
- not have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Framework
- not be in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
Funding applies from 1 November to 4 November 2020 and from 2 December 2020 onwards, while local restrictions apply. A pro rata amount will be awarded for the period 1 to 4 November 2020 (4 days).
The grant payment depends on the rateable value of your business premises:
- rateable value £15,000 and under: £667 per 14 day qualifying restriction period
- rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000: £1,000 per 14 day qualifying period
- rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above: £1,500 per 14 day qualifying period
How to apply
If you believe that you are eligible under this scheme, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you with further details.