The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) is for businesses that are required to close under the imposed coronavirus restrictions that do not qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum and the coronavirus restart grant for business.
Phase 4 of the Additional Restrictions Grant is now closed.
This phase relates to the restrictions in place for the period 11 April to 17 May 2021.
Grant funding was available to businesses who are still being severely impacted by the national restrictions and were unable to claim from the Restart Grant scheme.
To qualify your business must:
- be in the Dorset Council area
- have been trading before 11 April 2021
- have been required to close due to national restrictions that were in place on 11 April 2021
- not have a liability to pay business rates
Your business may be eligible if it remained open during national restrictions but has been significantly impacted and suffered a severe loss of income directly as a result of the national restrictions (severe loss is defined as 50% or more, compared to your usual or forecasted income for this time of year).
Exclusions to the ARG
The following businesses are not eligible for this grant:
- businesses in areas outside the scope of localised restrictions, as defined by government and not subject to a widespread national restriction
- businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to
- second homes
- landlords of properties where they are not occupying them directly themselves for trading business purposes
- businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- businesses that have received a Local Restrictions Support Grant or the Restart Grant, in relation to the national restrictions commencing on 5 November 2020
- businesses that, on 11 April 2021, were in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice had been made
If you have more than one business at the same address or premises, you will only be eligible for one grant.
Payments of ARG
Grants will be awarded for each 14-day period of lockdown based on the size of business determined by number of employees:
- 0 to 9 employees will get £467
- 10 to 49 employees will get £700
- 50 to 249 employees will get £1,050
We will consider businesses with more than 250 employees in exceptional cases. Contact us to discuss if this applies to your business.
Tax in relation to the ARG
Any grant income your business receives is taxable. You must include the ARG as income on your tax return. You’ll only pay tax if your business makes an overall profit once grant income is included.
Contact us if you have any queries about this grant: