Substance Use Module 3: Interventions in families where there is parental substance use
(0) No courses found
No courses scheduled at this time, please contact us.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- be better equipped to sensitively and effectively engage parents and young people with substance misuse problems
- understand and be able to apply the skills required to encourage behaviour change and reduce the risks to children
- have a better understanding of approaches which encourage behaviour change as opposed to those more likely to lead to disengagement
- have an increased understanding of their role in effective multi-agency working with service users who misuse substances
- early Intervention Services
- health and mental health settings across adults and children services working with families
- health visitors
- private/voluntary agencies
- probation officers
- professionals in care
- school nurses
- social workers
Please note the E-learning module and Substance Use Module 2: Parental Drug and Alcohol Use: Risk and Assessment should be completed before attending Module 3.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.