Welfare benefits for people of working age courses
To provide staff who work with families and disabled people of working age, with an overview of the welfare benefits system, the eligibility criteria of specific benefits and the ability to advocate effectively. Whilst ensuring that service users are receiving their full entitlement to financial support in terms of welfare benefits.
There are currently no dates available. This course is currently being reviewed and this page will be updated with future dates.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
By the end of the course staff will be able to:
- recognise the eligibility criteria for the benefits that their service users, and their carers should be entitled to
- signpost service users and carers to correct agencies in order to make a benefit application
- understand the appeal process and be able to assist service users and their careers in challenging disputed claims
Adult & Community Services
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.