Welfare benefits for pensioners courses
To provide those who work with pensioners, with an overview of the welfare benefits system and the eligibility criteria of specific benefits.
Also to be able to advocate effectively, ensuring that service users are receiving their full entitlement to financial support in terms of welfare benefit.
This course is aimed at Dorset Council staff in the first instance, but we would look to offer non Dorset Council staff any spaces still available nearer the time at a cost of £40. Ideally you may want to consider looking for another Training provider as we cannot guarantee space for your staff.
There are currently no dates available. This course is currently being reviewed and this page will be updated with future dates.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- recognise the eligibility criteria for the benefits that their service users and their carers should be entitled to
- signpost service users and carers to the correct agencies in order to make a benefit application
- understand the appeal process and be able to assist service users and their careers in challenging disputed claims
Adult & Community Services
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.