Social care refresher courses
This 2 day course aims to update current practice, in line with the Care Quality Commission Fundamental Standards.
- how to contribute to the moving and handling of individuals to prevent injury and maximise their rehabilitation and wellbeing (knowledge and practical)
- how to promote, monitor and maintain Health and safety and security in the workplace
- how to respond to accident/illness, apply basic emergency first aid techniques
- the Principles and application of infection prevention & control
- understand the importance of and how Equality, Inclusion and Diversity relates to working practice
Dorset Council and Tricuro employees only. Not open to independent or private sector.
Tricuro staff: Please be aware those who previously would have booked on to Senior Care Refresher now need to book onto Social Care Refresher. The Senior Care Refresher has been phased out due to the introduction of Champion training. Senior staff will attend Social Care Refresher instead and receive more advanced Moving and Handling guidance through the Champion training/Champions refresher.
- residential care assistants
- day Care
- learning disability care staff
- community support workers
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.