Moving and assisting champion refresher courses
A one day training for senior staff who have previously attended the 3 day champion course.
This course is an intensive practical follow up from the induction training. The course will include active problem solving of real case scenarios, hands-on practice, Q&A and peer support.
The course will enable participants to:
- ensure that champions are up-to-date with their level of competence in the safe and dignified moving and assisting of people
- ensure that candidates are competent in designing safe systems of work such as risk assessments and moving and assisting plans
- ensure that all champions are validating workplace moving and assisting activities within their teams and work with residents and staff in a person-centred way
- empower delegates in mastering their coaching skills, observation and assessment techniques
- ensure that all champions are able to communicate effectively, deliver constructive feedback and produce appropriate action plans
- ensure participants are powerful role models in their workplace who inspire and empower others
Tricuro - senior carers
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.