This is a new two hour virtual session on Infection Prevention and Control of COVID-19 when working with the Public.
These sessions will be delivered via Zoom on the following dates:
- Friday 7 May 2021 – 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Friday 28 May 2021 – 9am to 12 noon
This event is free of charge.
The aim of these sessions is to give candidates a basic understanding of infection prevention and control in practice and a greater understanding of current infections, risk and prevention of communicable diseases and in particular COVID-19.
By the end of the session, participants will have a greater understanding of the appropriate infection prevention and control measures required to work with the general public and will develop a basic understanding of:
- principles of basic infection prevention and control
- modes of transmission and the chain of infection
- transmission precautions of COVID-19
- transmission characteristics of COVID-19
- routes of transmission, incubation and infection period
- applying COSHH to adequately control the risk of exposure
- aerosol generating procedures and appropriate PPE
- environment decontamination
- safe ways of working and reducing risk
Staff who are working within the community in face to face settings.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course