Essential safeguarding adults skills
This course aims to raise awareness of safeguarding adults and ensure that all staff are aware of their role and responsibilities within the Dorset multi-agency policy.
There are currently no courses available. This page will be updated with any future courses.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
- by the end of the course participants should be able to:
- list the six core principles that underpin safeguarding adults
- undertake the safeguarding role within their workplace
- understand and demonstrate what safeguarding is
- list the categories and definitions of abuse
- identify signs and symptoms of abuse
- recognise adults in need of safeguarding and take appropriate action
- understand dignity and respect when working with individuals.
- understand the procedures for raising a safeguarding concern
- demonstrate knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults' activity
- contribute to preventing abuse
Adult & Community Services, IVP Sector.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.