Essential safeguarding adults skills
This course aims to raise awareness of safeguarding adults and ensure that all staff are aware of their role and responsibilities within the Dorset multi-agency policy.
The Dorset Council Adult and Community Services current pricing policy is under review and may change later in the year.
- by the end of the course participants should be able to:
- list the six core principles that underpin safeguarding adults
- undertake the safeguarding role within their workplace
- understand and demonstrate what safeguarding is
- list the categories and definitions of abuse
- identify signs and symptoms of abuse
- recognise adults in need of safeguarding and take appropriate action
- understand dignity and respect when working with individuals.
- understand the procedures for raising a safeguarding concern
- demonstrate knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports safeguarding adults' activity
- contribute to preventing abuse
Adult & Community Services, IVP Sector.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.