`Dementia Training Tier 2
There are currently no courses available. This page will be updated with any future courses.
The Dorset Council People- Adults pricing policy will be changing from 1st April 2020 as follows:
- full day course- £50 per attendee
- half day course- £40 per attendee
Please be aware that these costs will also be incurred for attendees who are classified as a ‘late cancellation’ - cancels their place within 1 week of the course date - or a ‘no show’ on the day of the course.
It is expected that those attending have already completed a Dementia Awareness course (either online or face to face).
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- understand the nature of dementia and identify the prevalence and impact it can have on a person and their family
- develop knowledge and skills in effective communication, person-centred care and managing challenging behaviour within dementia care
- understand how to respect and maintain a person’s dignity with a diagnosis of dementia
People working in social care who are providing personalised direct care and support to people with dementia.
Apply for this course
Request a place on this course.