Lyme Regis Harbour
Lyme Regis harbour is 23 miles northwest of Portland Bill and 30 miles northeast of Brixham and includes the famous Cobb.
Lyme Harbour has 138 drying moorings plus 25 commercial operations ranging from tripping boats to trawlers with dive charter vessels and self-drive boats. There is currently a long waiting list for a mooring of over 100. There are no vacancies for commercial operations.
As the harbour dries out, visiting yachts, usually bilge keelers, can dry out against the harbour wall.
Fin and long keel boats can pick up one of the visitors buoys outside the harbour or drop their anchor in the general area of these buoys. They are advised to stay to seaward of these as the area closer to the shore is much more shallow, especially at low water spring tides (LWS).
- the maximum boat length that can be accommodated inside the harbour is 9 metres, as wall space is very limited
- a chart of the harbour can be found on Admiralty Chart SC3315
- fuel isn't available at the harbour but the closest garage is a mile and a half away
Visitors should contact the Harbourmaster when planning their passage to confirm depth available:
VHF radio channel: 16, working channel 14
Contact the Harbourmaster to book a berth.
Boat and trailer parking
Lyme Regis harbour has a trailer park but cars need to park in the public car parks.
Monday to Sunday, 8am to 6pm during the summer season.
Harbour facilities include:
- wide slipway into the drying harbour bed over which 4 wheel drive vehicles can drive with care at low water
- fresh water and showers are available in the Lyme Regis Sailing Cluband visitors are welcome - ask the harbour staff for a shower key
Harbour dues and charges
The harbour dues and charges for 2019-2020 come into effect on 1 April 2019.
Safety and waste management
The Port Marine Operations Plan was drawn up to comply with the Port Marine Safety Code. There is also a Port Waste Management Plan.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
It is necessary that we collect your data in order to deliver these services. DCP will always treat your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In order to comply with GDPR, we are required to provide you with some information about your rights and how we will use your data.
Lyme Regis Harbour Privacy Notice.