Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice

Your Household Enquiry Form

We have sent a Household Enquiry Form to all residential properties in Dorset as part of the annual canvass.

About the Household Enquiry Form

The purpose of the canvass is to produce an accurate electoral register, which will be published on 1 December 2019. Every residential property in the Dorset Council area has been sent a form. This form will show all members of the household currently registered to vote. 

Don't delay - it will help us keep costs down if you respond quickly. 

How to respond to the Household Enquiry Form

It is a legal requirement to respond to the form. Any resident aged 18 or over can do this on behalf of the whole household. Once you have received your form and security codes you have a choice of four different methods to respond: online, phone, text and post, details of which will be in your letter. 

Frequently asked questions

Frequently asked questions about the annual canvass
The property is now a second home Please complete the online responseindicating that the property is a second home and this will be recorded. 
The property is no longer a second/holiday home Please complete the online responseand amend the details or cross out "second home" on the form, add your name(s) and return the form.  You will then receive an invitation to register, either by email or in paper form, which needs to be completed to complete your registration.
The property has been demolished Please return the form indicating this and it will be removed from the register.
The property is purely used as commercial or business premises If this is already indicated on the form please just confirm NO CHANGE.  If the property has changed from residential to commercial/business premises please make this change either via the online responseor by indicating on the form and sending it back.
I am moving in the next couple of weeks Please do not complete the form for your current address. The canvass does not finish until the end of November. Please leave the form at the property you are moving out of, with your names crossed out; this is so that the new occupants can register. Once you get to your new property a form should be waiting for you to complete. If not, please contact the elections team on 01305 838299 or
Should my son/daughter be registered as they are moving out and going to university/college? They can be registered at your property and a postal or proxy vote could be put in place for them so that they can still continue to vote in the area. They are also able to register at their university or college address. The law allows for two registrations in different areas but it is ILLEGAL to vote in a Parliamentary election in two places.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.