Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Service and Armed Force voters

Service/Armed Forces personnel and their husbands, wives or civil partners living in the UK have the option of making a service declarationor can choose to register to vote in the traditional way.

You must renew your Service declaration every five years.

You can register at the address where you would be living if you were not in the Services or for an address where you have lived in the past. You need to send your Service declaration to the Electoral Registration Office for the address where you wish to be registered, if you are unsure of the address you need to be registered to, please contact us.

Service/Armed Forces voters and their husbands, wives or civil partners can vote in person or can opt to vote by post or proxy.  Postal votes are only sent out a week before election day.  If you are living abroad, it may be better to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf as there may not be enough time for your postal vote to reach you and be sent back before voting closes.

For further information see the 'About my vote' website

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.