Keeping yourself safe
There are several ways you can help yourself to stay safe. these include:
- not sharing your address, phone number or email address with people you don't know
- not inviting people you don't know into your home
- ensuring you lock your windows and doors when you leave the house or when you go to sleep
- getting to know your neighbours in case of an emergency
- making sure you're familiar with where you live
There is also a variety of equipment and services available to support you to keep safe, in and out of your home.
If you would like help from the council we will need to find out if you meet our eligibility criteria, including if we will pay something towards the cost of your care at home. Contact us to get help.