Housing advice and support
You could speak to your parent or carer, support worker or another adult for information on housing advice.
There are also several services who can help.
Local housing advice service
This service can:
- help you explore avenues into suitable accommodation
- tell you on housing related and welfare benefits
- give advice on joining housing registers and applying for accommodation
- provide details of other agencies who can support you
Contact the Housing Advice Service for your area.
The Dorset Accessible Homes service
This service offer free information, advice and support with housing.
- exploring your housing options
- advice on getting adaptations to the home, and support to do so
- help keeping your home safe and secure
Find out more and contact the Dorset Accessible Homes Service.
Shelter can offer a range of support on housing. This includes:
- help to those struggling with homelessness
- advice to young people looking to move out of their home
- advice to students
- legal services
- guidance on costs, repairs and home safety
Find out more and contact Shelter.
Other useful websites
Visit Citizens Advice.
Use The Mix's interactive page for information on key things to think about when moving out of home. The page will guide you to information on:
- house contracts
- house deposits
- living with other people
- your responsibilities in your house