Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Concerns about a child's progress

If you're worried your child may have a SEN and they are in education, you should talk to their teacher. All schools have a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to support children with:

  • disabilities
  • medical needs
  • SEN

The SENCO and teacher will gather information about your child's progress.

They will work with you to decide what the child will need. If the school can adapt what they offer to all pupils to provide this support, they should do so. If the pupil needs any thing extra or different they will be considered to have a SEN.

For further support see:

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.