Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice.

Hospital and emergency

Emergency care

Accident and emergency departments (also known as casualty or emergency departments) offer urgent and emergency care services. They deal with genuine life-threatening emergencies such as bleeding, loss of consciousness or severe chest pain.

Find an accident and emergency department near you.

See our Family Information Directory to find information about accident and emergency departments in Dorset.


You normally need to be referred to a hospital for treatment, unless you have an emergency.

Find community hospitals in Dorset.

See our Family Information Directory for more information on hospitals in Dorset.

Minor injuries units (MIU)

Minor injuries units can treat a number of non-serious injuries, such as sprains, burns, bites, broken bones and wound infections.

See our Family Information Directory for more about minor injuries units (MIU) and accident and emergency services in Dorset.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.