Dorset SEND action plan
Dorset SEND latest action plan
Read our full action plan for SEND.
What the new action plan is and why we need it
In February 2019 Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) revisited the local area of Dorset. The visit was for them to decide whether the local area had made sufficient progress in tackling the weaknesses they had found in their inspection in 2017.
The inspectors found that we had made significant progress in some areas, but not in all areas. They told us to write a one-year action plan to tackle the areas where we needed to do better.
Our action plan sets out:
- how we will be improving services for children and young people with SEND over the next 3, 6 and 12 months
- how we measure impact
- who will be responsible for making the improvements happen
What progress we have already made
We have already been working on the actions to be completed within 3 months. We're now moving on to the 6 and 12 month actions. Our SEND Improvement Board is monitoring our progress.
So far we have:
- regularly monitored the quality of our plans and used this to improve their quality
- delivered further training for our team working on the plans
- had meetings with groups of parents and used this to help improve our service
- produced regular SEND e-newsletters to keep everyone updated
- reviewed and improved our paperwork to make it easier for everyone to understand
- started to use our new progress tracker for a needs assessment for an EHC (education, health and care) plan with parents
- worked with schools to improve provision for children with SEND
Our written statement of action (WSOA) from 2017
Read our full written statement of action from 2017.