What are advocates and advocacy?
Advocates are adult professionals who offer children and young people advocacy. This means they:
- make sure you have your say and your views considered by other professionals
- help you decide what you want to say and how you want to say it
- write things down and can attend child protection conferences or Child in Need meetings. They can go with you or on your behalf... whatever you decide - it's up to you!
- are independent. They are not part of Children's Social Care or Dorset Council. They work for you!
- give you information and advice. But, they take their instructions from you on how you want your views included.
Watch this video from Coram and find out more about Advocates and advocacy:
Get in touch for more information: