What is a corporate parent?
We're corporate parents for children and young people who are, or have been in care. This includes:
- residential care
- foster care
- those who live with a family member other than a parent
- those who are looked after at home
When a child or young person comes into care we become their parents and are responsible for their welfare. As a corporate parent this is your statutory duty which you're responsible for.
It's your duty to:
- act in their best interests
- keep them safe and well
- give them stability
- encourage them to express their views, wishes and feelings
- make sure they have access to services
- prepare them for adulthood and independent living
Contact us for more information: