Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler.  Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Child protection and how to report a concern

If you're concerned that a child or young person is at immediate risk of significant harm, and you believe it requires urgent action, call the police on 999.

You're concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person in the Christchurch area

Contact Bournemouth Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

You're concerned about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person in the Dorset area

Contact our Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) if you're concerned about the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.

See our adult abuse page for contact details for young people aged 18 to 25.

What to report

See the NSPCC website for information about the different types of child abuse and what you should do if you're worried about a child.

Dorset Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB)

Visit the DSCB website for further advice and support if you have concerns about a child.

The DSCB brings together information for:

  • children
  • young people
  • their families 
  • anyone who works with children and families

Report concerns about a child's safety

Name: Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Tel: 01202 228866
Full contact details for Report concerns about a child's safety

Rate this page

Have some feedback?

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.