Get involved at your local Children's Centre
Have your say about your local Family Partnership Zone (FPZ)
You can join the local alliance group at your children's centre where you will have the chance to:
- have your say about how your FPZ is run
- have your say about what support your FPZ provides
- meet other parents
- meet professionals
- discuss how your FPZ can improve and meet the needs of the community
Local alliance groups usually meet once a term but this may vary. To find out more contact your local FPZ.
Donate to a Children's Centre
If you have clothes or equipment that you no longer need you can donate it to your local Children's Centre. Families can often get donated items for free or for a small donation.
Items should be clean, in good condition and can include:
- children's clothes (age 0 to 5)
- high chairs
- cots or child's beds (but not mattress)
- toys, books and games (suitable for age 0 to 5)
We cannot accept electrical items.
To donate any item, contact your local Children's Centre first and let them know.
We welcome any parent or supporter who would like to volunteer. There are many different ways you can get involved, including:
- driving people to and from the centre
- helping with childrens groups and activities
- helping with the maintenance of outdoor spaces
All volunteers must have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Run your own parent and toddler group
If you are thinking about starting a group: