The Care Act - Policies
We have developed a framework of policies to implement the Care Act in Dorset.
Statutory guidance from the Department of Health provides councils with information about how they 'must', 'should', or 'may', meet the legal obligations placed on them by the Care Act and its associated regulations.
Our policies are designed to make sure that we deliver what the statutory guidancesays that we 'must' or 'should' do.
Care Act policies
The numbering below relates to the chapters or annex in the government's care and support statutory guidance.
8. Charging and Financial Assessment policy July 2017
Annex D - Recovery of debts
9. Deferred payment agreements
12. Direct Payments and Individual Service Funds
14. Safeguarding policy (Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole) SAB multi agency adult
24. Transport Charging Policy July 2015