Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice

Financial care planning - planning options

It's never too early to start planning for your future care needs.

Our top ten things to think about will help you to plan your future care, even if you don't need support at the moment.

You may want to consider getting impartial advice when choosing how to finance your long-term care. The council is not able to recommend financial advisers or give financial advice.

Free information and advice

The Money Advice Service gives a range of information that can help you. Most people don't need to pay for financial advice.

Paying for advice

You may want to consider paying for advice from an independent regulated financial adviser if:

  • you want to talk to someone who specialises in funding long-term care
  • you have a lot of savings and are thinking about making investments
  • you worry that someone close to you may put pressure on you to use your money in a way you would not want

Some independent regulated financial advisers can provide advice on the funding of long-term care. They will be able to explain all the costs and risks involved, and should also be able to help with other things, like arranging your will or Power of Attorney.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.