Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice

Paying for your support

Most people are expected to pay something towards the cost of their care. One of our staff (called a Financial Assessment Officer) will talk to you about your financial circumstances to decide how much you will need to pay. This is called a financial assessment.

We will arrange to complete a financial assessment by either speaking to you over the telephone or by visiting you. We will ask you about:

  • any money you receive that could be considered as income, for example if you get rent for a property you own (we don't count any prison allowances you may get)
  • any savings you may have and property you own, this is called 'capital'

The assessment officer will work out the maximum amount you may need to pay per week towards your care. This is called your financial contribution.

We will also ask you to nominate someone who may have access to your finances and documents to assist us - this could be a family member or friend.

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.