Skip to content

We use cookies to make the site simpler. By continuing to use this site and closing this message you agree to our use of cookies.Find out more about cookies

Close alert

Coronavirus (COVID-19): updates and advice

How to complain

This section explains what you should do if you're not happy with the service you get from us.

  • Talk to a prison officer about your concerns. If they think the complaint is a prison or health issue, they will follow the procedure for dealing with this in the prison
  • You may just need to talk through any problem with your social care worker. If you do the prison or health staff will get in touch with them for you
  • If you want to make a complaint about us, you will need to do this in writing. If you need help to do this tell the prison staff. You will need to explain in your letter what the problem is and what you want to happen

The complaint will be sent to our complaints manager by the prison staff.

When you make a formal complaint we will write back to you to confirm that we have received your complaint.

There are a number of ways of managing your complaint and we may contact you to agree how we will proceed; for example:

  • we may arrange to meet with you to make sure we really listen and understand the issues
  • we may make a plan of how we will deal with your complaint, including any outcome you are seeking
  • we may arrange for a formal investigation to take place
  • we will keep you informed of how your complaint is progressing and you will receive the final response in writing

Your feedback

This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.

Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.

All fields are required.

Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.

This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.

General data protection regulation (GDPR)

We will only use the personal information supplied by you in accordance with GDPR. By giving us this information you are consenting to such use as set out in our privacy notice.