Open Market Review of planned and existing broadband infrastructure
We are launching an Open Market Review (OMR) to identify potential areas for government intervention. We are running this OMR Request for Information (RFI) to confirm where existing broadband infrastructure currently exists or is planned to be built in the next 3 years across the county of Dorset.
Our goal is to ensure we target the parts of the county that need government support first. By working with us, you will help to maximise the use of public subsidy to help provide ever faster, better connectivity across all parts of Dorset. You will help us to identify areas which will be left out because they are not commercially viable, thereby bringing significant benefits to the Dorset economy.
This is important, so that we can ensure we target the right areas and avoid over-building commercial infrastructure. Therefore, if you have existing coverage, or plan to build infrastructure within the next 3 years, we encourage you to respond to this OMR.
How to take part
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the detailed request for information document which includes a copy of the Ordnance Survey Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) Contractors Licence
- Complete and return the PSGA to us by email
- Once you've done this, we will email you the RFI response template, guidance and the data set from Dorset
- The OMR launches on 17 March 2021 and you can email us to seek clarification between 17 March and 14 April 2021
- You must submit your complete response to us by email by 5pm on Wednesday 14 April 2021
- We will review responses alongside BDUK (Broadband Delivery UK)
Archive of closed State Aid consultation documents